We Love Dahlias!
SAVE THE DATE!
American Dahlia Society
2016 National Show
Asheville, North Carolina
September 15-18, 2016
The American Dahlia Society (ADS) was founded in 1915 and is composed of over 70 independent local societies in the US and Canada.
We are a non-profit organization founded for the purpose of stimulating interest in, disseminating information about, and promoting the culture and development of, the dahlia.
If you also love dahlias, please consider joining the ADS. You may join "at large" from this site, but for a more exciting experience, join ADS (and receive a discount) via a local society. Find a society in your area by using the ADS Societies button above or to the right. In a local society you will meet dahlia enthusiasts, learn first-hand from local growers, and have a lot of fun!
* * *
VA honors dahlia garden planted and maintained by Claudia and Dennis Biggs, the Inland Empire Dahlia Society, its members and volunteers read more
* * *
2015 Stanley Johnson Medal
The American Dahlia Society (ADS) announces the 2015 winner of the Stanley Johnson medal – AC Abby – a flame colored B cactus dahlia.
This medal is presented annually by the ADS to the dahlia variety with the greatest number of higher awards – awards above blue ribbons – that have been accumulated during the previous season of flower shows across the United States and Canada.
* * *
The ADS welcomes the Dahlia Society of New Brunswick, Canada, and the New England Dahlia Society as new local affiliates!
* * *
Read about a dahlia virus test conducted in five dahlia gardens, in a paper by Drs. Hanu Pappu and Ron Miner.
* * *
Historic document available for members to peruse
- Virus testing details and instructions for shipping the samples will be posted soon.
- June 2016 Bulletin posted. (The printed version of the Bulletin has an incorrect President's Message. This online version has the correct President's Message for June 2016.)
- Marge Gitts of Swan Island passes away 5/17/2016. In memoriam
- Do dahlias have the power to heal? Judge for yourself.
- Check out our two new (related) features - In the Garden Today and Dahlia University
- Ron Wilkes, Australian grower and leader in the Aussie dahlia community, passes away. In memoriam
- Bill Kempster, Vancouver Island dahilia grower and dahlia mentor, passes away 3/1/2016. In memoriam.
- Need tubers or plants? Support local society sales.
- Trial garden recipients of the Derrill W. Hart Medal and Evie Gullikson Medal posted.
- List of 2016 Advancing Judges now available from members page. Congratulations judges!
May we recommend...
Our new section on Species Dahlias. view